Life Membership Criteria
Life Member nominees shall have:
- Given exceptional, outstanding and prolonged service as a National Executive Committee member of CDAA, actively implementing innovative ideas to strengthen the Association. These selfless contributions having been made voluntarily without pursuit of financial gain;
- Made a significant contribution to the application of career development principles and values by modelling the Code of Ethics and other Code’s and Policies of the Association;
- Been recognised by his/her peers for innovation and leadership in career development in a number of ways, such as demonstrating exceptional contributions to the Association, annual conference, Division responsibilities, client activities, education, publications, presentations, research, policy formation, Government and independent career advisory bodies;
- Demonstrated the ability to apply evidence based theory to practice in a manner that is meaningful to clients and to the career development profession; and
- Been engaged in the profession of career development for a minimum of ten years and been a Professional and/or Fellow Member of the Association for the majority of that time.
Life Members are entitled to use one of the following post-nominal’s following their name:
- FCDAA Life (where the Life Member was a Fellow member immediately preceding the awarding of Life Membership), or
- PCDAA Life (where the Life Member was a Professional member immediately preceding the awarding of Life Membership).
- Life Members are also entitled to use a CDAA logo specifically identifying the member to the Life category membership with
There is no fee for Life Membership.
How to Nominate
Any approved, financial CDAA member may nominate a Professional or Fellow Member for Life Membership. Nomination forms are available by contacting the CDAA National Office.
Life Membership nominations are reviewed by the Life Member Panel. If deemed appropriate, recommendation is made to the National Executive Committee for ratification and announcement by the National President.